The finest in farming will come to the fore at this year’s Royal Three Counties Show, taking place at the Three Counties Showground this June.
A landmark event in the agricultural calendar, the Royal Three Counties Show celebrates the rich heritage of British farming, alongside fine food and family entertainment.
Chief Executive of the Three Counties Agricultural Society Ken Nottage said: “We’re incredibly proud of our Royal Three Counties Show which is one of the country’s premier Livestock and lifestyle events. 2016 is going to be a wonderful year for us with some fantastic new elements. Visitors can enjoy a true celebration of traditional farming and family entertainment, supporting our agricultural industries and bringing together the very best of the British Isles.”
NEW FOR 2016
- The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery will perform in the Main Arena each day, offering the only opportunity to see the Troop outside of London. This awe inspiring spectacle involves teams of six horses each pulling First World War-era field guns used to fire an earth shattering salute, most often seen at state occasions.
- For the first time ever, both The Beef Burke Trophy and The Dairy Burke Trophy will be hosted at the Royal Three Counties Show. A huge honour for the show, these prestigious trophies will be the highlight of the cattle sections.
- Supermodels of the sheep world will take to the ‘wool walk’ in a Fashion Show as part of the Discover Sheep area. Celebrating the story of wool, an educational trail will be included in this area alongside hands on spinning, felting and knitting displays for visitors.
- A touch of wizardry will come to the Sports Village with Quidditch matches and lessons. The national governing body for the sport of Quidditch, Quidditch UK will invite muggles and wizards alike to give Harry Potter a run for his money.
- The World Congress of Devon Cattle Society will congregate at the 2016 Royal Three Counties Show. The congress brings together Devon cattle breeders from across the globe as the fraternity share knowledge and discuss breeding programmes, genetic diversity and future proofing this native British breed.
- Royal Three Counties stalwart and BBC Countryfile presenter Adam Henson will return for 2016 taking to the ring twice each day to share his expert knowledge of farming.
- Cirencester’s Royal Agricultural University will host the Entrepreneur Area, providing advice and guidance for anyone looking to pursue a career in the agricultural industries.
- New area, the Smallholders and Alternative Livestock Enterprise Village will provide a platform for smallholders to share their ideas and skills in a friendly and informative environment. This area will host all things great and small, from bees and honey to alpacas and goats, and the ever popular poultry and rabbits, together with the exciting new Village Show.
MAKING A WELCOME RETURN
- Olympic Gold Medallist Carl Hester MBE will be judging the Cuddy Supreme Championship in The Equestrian Village on Sunday of the show.
- The Main Arena will host a Grand Parade of the finest examples in Livestock. Thrilling displays from the Parachute Regiment Freefall Team ‘The Red Devils’, agility displays from Paws For Thought, Inter Hunt relays, showjumping competitions, hot air balloons and much more will also take place here.
- The Three Counties Food and Drink Pavilion will highlight the finest produce from Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire. The Cookery Theatre will play host to a line up of top local chefs.
- In The Country Living Village, visitors will enjoy a unique shopping experience featuring an array of boutique pieces. Artisan homeware items, quirky gifts and unique vintage finds will all be found here.
- Attracting over 2,800 entries over the three-day show, The Equestrian Village will stage over 50 Horse of the Year qualifying rounds.
- The Country Pursuits Village will feature a programme of events including Merion Owen and the Quack Pack bringing a lively and interesting duck herding display. Xtreme Falconry also showcases one of the very best flying displays. Equestrian skills from The Mane Event together with the Shetland Pony Display Team will also provide galloping entertainment in this area of the show. The Open Field Arena will see hounds, gundogs, greyhounds and luchers come to the show.
- Launched in 2015 and spearheaded by Philip Blackman-Howard, the Royal Three Counties Hound Show will return for its second year. Packs from Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Worcestershire will display both hounds and beagles.
- Premium destination, The Farming Village will feature extensive national breed shows for cattle, sheep and pigs. The Royal Three Counties are proud to host National Shows for the following breeds: The British Simmental, Murray Grey, Gloucester, British White, the British Blonde, British Angora Goat, The Longhorn Cattle, The Hebridean Sheep, Dexter Cattle, and English Beltex. Exceeding all records, over 1,000 cattle are expected at this year’s event. The Royal Three Counties Show not only features the largest entry of Beef Cattle, but is also the only show to feature classes for all goats including Boer, Dairy, Angora and Pygmy. Sunday will also see the largest show of National Rare and Minority Breeds supported by the Rare Breeds Survival Trust.
- The International Orchid Show will see over 30,000 species from growers from across the globe covering Malaysia, Taiwan, Ecuador, Holland, Denmark, Germany and the UK.
- Building on the success in 2015, The Sports Village will be a hive of activity. The Young Farmers Tug of War, rugby, cricket and lacrosse sessions are just some of the exciting elements to be found here.
- The Livestock Area will see considerable expansion and in turn welcome expert commentators Clive Davies on cattle, Mark Roberts on sheep and Tom Alty on pigs.
The Royal Three Counties Show will take place from Friday 17 June until Sunday 19 June 2016. Tickets are now on sale. Advanced tickets are priced from £16 for Three Counties members, and from £18 for adult non-members. Family and childrens tickets are also available and tickets can be purchased on the gate.
For information on ticket prices and further information on the show, please visit www.threecounties.co.uk/threecounties or call 01684 584900.